The show of an era

Freeman attends Taylor Swift’s “Eras Tour”

There are millions of people all over the world who have been trying to get their hands on tickets to the hottest tour of the summer. Whether it be waiting in online ticket lines for hours or spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on any available tickets, many people go to extreme lengths to have the opportunity to see one of the biggest female artists in the world, Taylor Swift. 

English teacher Nealy Freeman and her daughter Daisy smile for the camera. The two, along with Freeman’s boyfriend, attended the Kansas City leg of Taylor Swift’s “Eras Tour.” (Courtesy Photo)

Unfortunately for many people, tickets to Taylor Swift’s “Eras Tour” have been pretty difficult to get. However, English teacher Nealy Freeman was among the lucky 55,000 people who attended the tour on July 7 in Kansas City. 

“It was unlike any concert I’ve ever been to,” said Freeman. “She played for 3 hours and 45 minutes, we saw a world premiere of a music video and she brought celebrities. I’ve been to many, many concerts and music festivals, and nothing I’ve seen compares to that.”

Going to concerts is one of Freeman’s passions. Though she’s been to over 30 concerts over the years, the Taylor Swift concert was a new experience for her. 

“I’ve never been to a huge stadium show before, and I thought that it would be a really awesome opportunity for my daughter and my boyfriend to go with me because they also like Taylor Swift,” said Freeman. 

During her shows, Swift performs songs from each one of her “eras,” which represent each album she has ever released. Freeman believes that Swift did a great job of performing each one of her eras, but there was one that stuck out to her the most.

“Each era had its own feeling, but my favorite era to see performed was the ‘Reputation’ era,” said Freeman. “The crowd was really amped up, and the production value was insane.”

Along with performing songs from each era, Swift performs two surprise songs at each concert. One of the surprise songs that was performed during Freeman’s concert was “Never Grow Up.” The song is about the different feelings and memories that come with growing up. For Freeman, this song was extra special because it reminded her of her daughter, Daisy Freeman. 

Daisy Freeman shows off her friendship bracelets at the “Eras Tour.” At each show, members of the audience would trade friendship bracelets. (Courtesy Photo)

“I shed a little tear as I looked at my daughter when ‘Never Grow Up’ came on,” said Freeman. “It was really cool to see everything through her eyes.”

Daisy, a sixth-grader at Yutan, also found the concert to be a memorable experience. 

“The concert was really awesome,” said Daisy. “I can’t even pick a favorite part because everything was so cool.”

Beyond all of the amazing things about the concert itself, Freeman believes that sharing the moment with her daughter is what made the concert so special.

“Going to the concert has created a memory for Daisy and I that we will cherish forever,” said Freeman.