Student opinion: Giving over getting

The question is, do you enjoy giving or getting on Christmas? While many would say they enjoy receiving and being able to tear open that colorful wrapping with their name on it, the season is also filled with people enjoying the satisfaction that comes with giving that gift.

“I like giving gifts because it gives me a sense of fulfillment because it gives me a sense of fulfillment,” said junior Kylie King.

The thought and effort that comes into the gift offers the giver fulfillment. It takes time to think of a gift for someone, so it pays off when you’re met with the perfect one.

“You put so much thought into it and you just feel better,” said freshman Alexis Pehrson.

Giving gifts makes you and also the one receiving that gift feel better knowing they have someone during the holiday season.

The people who enjoy giving also see the joy in receiving. They see the benefits of both.

I like giving gifts because it gives me a sense of fulfillment

— Kylie

“I really love surprises and not knowing what you’re going to get,” said freshman Lola Wheeler. “But I also like giving them because you put so much effort into coming up with something for somebody and seeing their reaction to all your work.”

Whether you enjoy giving, getting, or both, remember that Christmas time is really all about giving. As the holiday comes, enjoy receiving and being able to tear open that wrapping, but also enjoy giving to the ones you love this time of year.